We’re replaying the Best of Heavy Flow while we’re on hiatus over the summer! Subscribe to Heavy Flow on your favourite podcast player and sign-up for my weekly newsletter to get new episodes when we’re back in the fall.
Today on the show I’m talking to Laura Wershler, sexual and reproductive health advocate, about body literacy: what is it, why is it important and how can we teach it ourselves and our kids of all genders.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
This episode of Heavy Flow is supported by Justisse Holistic Reproductive Health Practioner Vienna Farlow, aka The Cuntsultant.
Visit thecuntsultant.com and use HEAVYFLOW for 15% off a Justice Fertility Awareness Education package.
BeyondBlood is an inclusive not-for-profit that seeks to initiate the Menstrual-Mental Health Movement.
What we discussed:
- Laura’s journey with the pill and fertility management
- What is body literacy
- Literacy as a tool of oppression
- How puberty, perimenopause and menopause are interconnected
- The importance of consistent ovulation and the preventative powers of progesterone
- How mothers, aunts and sisters are the keys to passing along body literacy to kids of all genders
- Learning to live cyclically
- Not centring menstruation in womanhood and fertility
- Body literacy after menopause
Connect with Laura:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Laura’s articles on the Menstruation Matters blog
The Society for Menstrual Cycle Research
Billings Ovulation Method
Taking Charge Of Your Fertility
Justisse Healthworks for Women
The Kite Runner
Center for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research
I receive an affiliate commission from some of the links above.
Subscribe & leave a review:
Sign up for my newsletter and never miss a cycle!
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Produced by: TK Matunda
Music credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird