This week I’m talking to Keli Garza, the owner of Steamy Chick, all about vaginal steaming. We discuss how Keli discovered vaginal steaming, how her business got started, why and how to use vaginal steaming for period issues, why steam is so powerful and how misogyny has shaped modern gynaecology and why we discount traditional remedies like steaming.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
This episode of Heavy Flow is supported by my one-on-one period coaching and holistic nutrition services.
Understand your menstrual cycle. Improve your hormonal health. Increase period-related nutrition and self-advocacy skills.
What we discussed:
- Keli’s first experiences with vaginal steaming
- What led Keli to pivot from her tea company to vaginal steams
- The goop article that brought vaginal steaming into the mainstream
- What is vaginal steaming and how do you do it?
- How vaginal steaming can help with menstrual issues
- The misogyny of modern gynaecology and its effects on medical research and how we view traditional remedies like steaming
Connect with Keli:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
goop review of vaginal steaming
Vaginal steam research
Steamy Chick user guide
Heavy Flow #35 with Vienna Farlow
Steamy Chick practitioner directory
Subscribe & leave a review:
Sign up for my newsletter and never miss a cycle!
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Produced by: TK Matunda
Music credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird