This week I’m talking to Allison McDonald Ace, a writer and co-founder of The 16 Percent. In this episode, Allison shares the story of losing her baby at 19 weeks, her journey to healing and how she copes with her period after trauma.
CW: miscarriage, pregnancy loss, birth trauma
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
This episode of Heavy Flow is supported by bebo mia inc, a training and mentorship organization for women in the maternal health field. Register for their new Fertility Specialist Certification and support the 1 in 10 that struggles with fertility.
What we discussed:
- Allison’s pregnancy loss at 19 weeks
- The terminology we use around miscarriage and pregnancy loss
- Getting your period after trauma
- How Allison has used this experience to connect with her period
- How surgery can literally sever the mind/body connection
- Using therapeutic writing to process trauma
- How the 16 Percent came to be
Connect with Allison:
The 16 Percent
The 16 Percent Instagram
Through, Not Around: Stories of Infertility and Pregnancy Loss
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Samantha Zipporah’s Holistic Healing After Miscarriage
Samantha Zipporah on Heavy Flow
Olivia Scobie on Heavy Flow
Subscribe & leave a review:
Sign up for my newsletter and never miss a cycle!
If you’re into Heavy Flow, please subscribe in iTunes and write a review – that’s the best way to support the show and help others find this podcast!
Produced by: TK Matunda
Music credit: Julia and Bradley of Home Studios
Graphic Design: Rachel Laird